Alabama Association of Municipal Attorneys (AAMA)
Save the Dates! These Law Conferences are coming soon.
April 17-18, 2015 Marriott Shoals Hotel and Spa Florence, AL
Sept. 24-26, 2015 Island House Hotel Orange Beach, AL
The Alabama Association of Municipal Attorneys was created on May 2, 1992, at the annual Municipal Attorneys Conference in Birmingham. AAMA was created to serve and benefit municipal attorneys and prosecutors throughout the State of Alabama. The goals of AAMA are to foster communication and education of attorneys and the public as to the unique aspects of municipal law.
All attorneys who represent a municipality are eligible for full membership in AAMA. The cost for a full membership is $75.00.
AAMA members enjoy benefits such as:
- The AAMA forum located at http://leagueboard.org, which is only accessible to member attorneys, enables members to share ideas and ask questions of other municipal attorneys through the forum and email;
- Opportunities to network and communicate with other members to share ideas and ask questions;
- Reduced conference attendance rates;
- Notification of legal and legislative developments;
- Discounted rate for access to League Law, ALM's groundbreaking online legal research system. League Law will also allow you to access PDFs of two critical publications: Selected Readings for the Municipal Official and Handbook for Mayors and Councilmembers.
AAMA membership dues also enable us to bring in recognized national experts to speak on topics of interest to municipal attorneys.
Vice President Kelly Butler, City Attorney, Madison
Secretary-Treasurer Lorelei Lein, General Counsel, Alabama League of Municipalities
Immediate Past President Mark Boardman, City Attorney, Chelsea
Past President Ronny Penn, City Prosecutor, Opp